- The RBA hiked by 25 basis for the second month in a row.
- Striking the balance between taming inflation and not tipping the economy over, remains the largest challenge at the hands of the RBA.
- A similar theme is prevalent from a number of central banks across developed economies.
- As such, we are seeing the narrative shift amongst central bankers with the end of the tightening cycle drawing closer.
- Liquidity has come at a premium over the past month.
- Things are starting to heat up as ADIs pull on all levers they have.
- Term Deposit and NCD rates are more attractive than ever. But are they here to stay?
The Australian Economy
- Confidence is low for businesses and the consumer. Inflation and real income are to blame.
- Inflation has hit 7.30% YoY, and it will head higher. Consumers are looking to cut spending over the holiday period.
- Australia’s trade balance has increased significantly over the past month due to a weak Aussie Dollar and high commodity prices.
Please click here to download the November Monthly