RBA Recap & The Australian Economy
- The RBA delivers its 10th consecutive rate hike but has indicated a pause may come soon.
- Leading into the March meeting, weaker than expected data prompted the change in tone.
- Whilst it is clear the effects of higher interest rates are starting to be felt, incoming data remains vital for the path ahead.
- On an aggregate level, the banking system seems to be flush with deposits and limited loan growth.
- However, bespoke opportunities continue to present themselves as individual banks funding needs differ.
- Reference rates have dropped following the March hike. Have we peaked?
Please click here to download the March Monthly