- Yesterday Macquarie bank issued a 3 year floating and Fixed MTN.
- The security set with a price of 3MBBSW +85 for the floating and the fixed a YTM of 4.946%.
- 5.20% for 1 year continues to be the going term deposit rate to attract flow.
- NCD margins are climbing to +50 for 3 months with banks having to out bid each other to retain or win funds.
Philip Lowe Farewell Speech
- Yesterday, Philip Lowe had his closing remarks with his final public appearance as RBA Governor at the Anika Foundation.
- Over his term as Governor, Lowe noted the three economic challenges the RBA had to navigate:
- A period of inflation below target
- A global pandemic
- And the highest inflation rate in more than 30 years.
- He stressed that having credible frameworks for economic policy, aligning monetary with fiscal policy was crucial to navigating these head winds.
- He also noted the need to lift productivity growth in order to raise Australia’s standard of living.
- The reigns will now be passed onto Michelle Bullock to see out returning inflation to the target band.