- Term deposit flow continues to be directed to elevated areas of the yield curve. with 6M BBSW at 4.11% and 1 Year Swaps at 4.01%, outright levels of 5.10% continue to be offered.
- Bond activity in the secondary market has picked up. Market participants have been able to pick up Feb 2026 A+ floating rate notes with a trading margin of 3M BBSW +88.
- Today, a BBB+ ADI has come to market offering +55 for 6 month NCD funds. Those looking to take advantage will need to be quick to act as it is a limited offer.
Debt Ceiling Talks Resume as Fed Presidents Remain Divided.
- Market continue to hang of the headlines related to the debt ceiling negotiations while we also saw more plenty more Fed comments ahead of the June meeting.
- Talks resumed over the debt ceiling, giving more hope that a deal will be done with house speaker McCarthy saying there should be no fear of a US default when questions on the prospect of deal being done.
- Meanwhile Fed Voting Member Neel Kashkari said it was a “close call” when it came to voting for another rate hike at the next meeting.
- Others were more pointed on their view with the Fed’s Raphael Bostic said he preferred a pause highlighting the lag in which monetary policy works while James Bullard said at least two more 25bp hikes were warranted.
- It makes for an interesting meeting in a little over three weeks time.